Tuesday, August 11, 2009

recent wonderings

Kevin and I have been talking a lot lately about where our life is right now and where we want to be. After a recent trip back to Texas we realized just how much we miss it. We miss having good friends to spend the weekends with. Playing cards and enjoying good uplifting conversation. We miss the Texas environment and the friendly people. So why not move back? Well, we are considering it. The problem is we moved back to Colorado to be close to my family. I like that I am close to my family, though at times it gets overally dramatic and I don't know why I am living here close to them. Anyway, we miss Texas a lot and we always said we would move back one day. I knew coming back to Colorado would not be a perminant move... but could it only be a move for a couple of years? Could we really move back to Texas in another year or so. Unfortunatly I do not have the answer to this question right now. If it wasn't for my family, we would move back without a doubt. But there is more to consider here. If we move back where would we move...back to Lubbock? I don't know... only time will tell. On another note, I am looking into another Masters program. Not in Education and DEFENITLY not from ACU. I am actually considering a Masters in Family Life Education or a Masters in Counseling from LCU. I want to work with children and families but I do not want to do this through the education field. I don't know right now that I am going to start either of these programs or if I even want to. I am just looking at them. All I know is that as much as I love my job, I will not keep this job for more then another year as it barely pays the bills. I also have to consider what I will do if I return to Texas. How will I contribute to our finances and how will we eventually be able to reach our goal of being able to adopt a child. There are so many things we have to figure out. I can tell that there are many changes to come.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Praying for ya! Would be nice if yall did move back down here... but I can (kinda) understand the family thing. If not to Lubbock where else would yall consider?

Lelo and Stitch said...

There is a branch of the bank Kevin works at in Amarillo

Kris said...

Off topic but you won a blog award at my site.. will be up tomorrow morning (scheduled).