Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year

At the start of a new year one finds themself looking back, searching where they once were and where they are going. Just a few years ago, we had just gotten married along with many of our friends. We lived in what we refered to as the LCU bubble. Life was great, seeing friends several times a week, being together, things were simpler. Just 3 years later, we find ourselves in a place where our closest friends are hundreds of miles away from us. Our social life consists of play cards with mom/mom in law and her friends. We go to church, though in a congregation of over 800 people it is easy to feel lost. We find ourselves walking through the day to day life. With work, family, and church it seems like things can just keep moving, rolling on without really noticing it.

It has been two years now, two years since we decided that it would be nice to have a family. Two years since we made the decision to stop taking birth control and to let God have control. It can be deficult at times, to trust that is. To trust, that God will provide for us, provide a family when it is his will. When we got of BC we new that it would probably take a little while to be able to conceive a child, but it never occured to either of us that it might take this long.

Looking at this new year, and at what things might come we hope that perhaps this is the year God has choosen to bless us with child, but if not we know that he is with us and that he will guide us. For now, we continue living our lives, trying not to let time just pass us by. We embrace each others wants and desires and we look forward to the many years that are still to come. Our prayers go out to all, that this new year will be full of many blessings. We pray that life will not pass you by and that you will remember, to embrace what God has given you, and to count your many blessings.

To a Happy New Year! God Bless.

2 comments:

Steph said...

What a change your lives have taken! I'll be praying for fertility for ya'll and that whatever happens through this next year that he blesses you both with friends and fellowship, as well as peace through whatever happens.

Kris said...

I hope you have a great New Years!

I know how you feel being so far from friends... I feel that way too a lot, even though I have started making some here. I don't know what I'd have done if I was lost at Church too though. I got lucky at St. George, is very family oriented and I was immediately gathered in. I hope you are able to connect soon.

As for the fertility thing.. I know I'm beating a dead horse here lol, but like I've said before - you should look into NFP. I know of lots of couples who had trouble conceiving start practicing it and figure out exactly what is going on w/ their bodies and achieve pg. I'll be praying for yall though.